Monday, February 22, 2010
Kamen Rider Kuuga (2000) Japan
Kamen Rider Kuuga (2000) Japan
Episode: 49 + 1 Special
3 DVD data file [$26] , FORMAT DVD: 6 DVD [$40]:[>4]
Audio Japan/ Sub English
Created by Shotaro Ishimori
Written by Naruhisa Arakawa, Toshiki Inoue, Kiyoshi Takenaka
Starring Joe Odagiri
Narrated by Fumihiko Tachiki
Opening theme "Kamen Rider Kuuga!" by Masayuki Tanaka
Ending theme "Aozora ni Naru" by Jin Hashamoto
Composer(s) Toshihiko Sahashi
Country of origin Japan
No. of episodes 49 (List of episodes)
Producer(s) Yūmi Shimizu
Running time 23-25 minutes per episode
Original channel tv asahi
Original run January 30, 2000 (2000-01-30) – January 21, 2001
Followed by Kamen Rider Agito
It has been suggested that this section be split into a new article titled List of Kamen Rider Kuuga characters. (Discuss)
* Yuusuke Godai/Kamen Rider Kuuga (五代 雄介／仮面ライダークウガ, Godai Yūsuke/Kamen Raidā Kūga?): A young, multi-talented man who dons the Arcle belt, which turns him into Kuuga. He is a happy-go-lucky and honest person that fights to "protect everyone's smiles". Yuusuke works at the Pore-Pore Tea Cafe, and continously attempts to master 2000 different skills and talents which he uses to help others. He and his sister, Minori, lost their mother while they were both young and their father when they were older. He was born in Hokkaidō Prefecture on March 18, 1975. His blood type is O.
* Kaoru Ichijo (一条 薫, Ichijō Kaoru?): The police inspector who is leading operative of the Science Police force formed for fighting the Grongi. Like his father, who died on his tenth birthday, Ichijo is a model policeman who firmly believes in doing the right thing. Though he is very strict with himself, he will do everything he can, even bend police rules, to help Yuusuke fight the Grongi. He was born in Nagoya City in Aichi Prefecture on April 18, 1974. His blood type is AB. After the Grongi were defeated, Ichijo returns to Nagano.
* Sakurako Sawatari (沢渡 桜子, Sawatari Sakurako?): A friend of Godai who translates the ancient "Lintonese" transcripts that tell of Kuuga and the Grongi. At first she was against helping because she was worried about Yuusuke, but now she believes in him fully and works hard to help Yuusuke understand his powers by deciphering the writings. She was born in Gunma Prefecture on October 30, 1976. Her blood type is B.
* Minori Godai (五代 みのり, Godai Minori?): Yuusuke's younger sister who works a teacher at a local daycare. Yuusuke will occasionally visit her there to entertain the kids. Like Sakurako, she was at first apprehensive about her brother transforming into Kuuga, but she believes in Yuusuke and helps out however she can. She was born in Hokkaidō Prefecture on September 4, 1977. Her blood type is O.
* Shuichi Tsubaki (椿 秀一, Tsubaki Shūichi?): A trusted friend of Ichijo, he is the doctor that looks after Yuusuke and treats him when he becomes injured, while also researching the effects of Yuusuke's fusion with the Arcle. Though he's a light-hearted person, he was very serious and worried when talking about Yuusuke's future transformations because of the constant dangers that surrounded the Kuuga legend. He also performs the autopsies of the Grongi victims in order to determine causes of death.
* Hikari Enokida (榎田 ひかり, Enokida Hikari?): Another old friend of Ichijo, she is in charge of the Science Division of the Police Department. She studies the biology of the Grongi in order to develop effective weapons against them. She also assists in the study of Kuuga and the Gouram. Because of the massive amount of work required of her to fight the Grongi, she was away from home quite often and her child felt alone and neglected.
* Tamasaburo Kazari (飾 玉三郎, Kazari Tamasaburō?):He was friends with the father of Yuusuke and Minori, who affectionately refer to him as Oyassan (おやっさん?) like everyone else. He owns and runs the Pore-Pore Tea Cafe. He is a goofy, light-hearted character that keeps a scrap book of all of Kuuga's exploits from the newspaper, though unaware of Yuusuke being "Number 4" and thinks that the name "Kuuga" is some nonsensical word made up by Yuusuke. After learning the truth, however, he dons the Kuuga mark on his apron in the series epilogue. He was born on June 9, 1955. His blood type is A.
* Nana Asahina (朝比奈 奈々, Asahina Nana?, 11-49): Tamasaburo's niece, who helps out at the Pore-Pore Tea while aspringing her dream to be an actress. However, since the death of her acting teacher at the hands of Grongi, Nana has been troubled until Yuusuke finally helps her overcome her sadness.
* Jean Michel Sorrel (ジャン・ミッシェル・ソレル, Jan Missheru Soreru?): A university student from America that shares the work office with Sakurako. He researched the broken fragments that later formed into Gouram. He has a crush on Enokida and hoped to help her reconnect with her child.
* Sadao Matsukura (松倉 貞雄, Matsukura Sadao?): The head of the security department of the Metropolitan Police Department with the head of the unidentified life forms joint investigation headquarters.
* Morimichi Sugita (杉田 守道, Sugita Morimichi?): A detective of the investigation dept 1 of the Metropolitan Police Department.
* Tsuyoshi Sakurai (桜井 剛, Sakurai Tsuyoshi?): A detective of the investigation dept 1 of the Metropolitan Police Department.
* Nozomi Sasayama (笹山 望見, Sasayama Nozomi?): A policewoman of the unidentified life forms joint investigation headquarters who sends communication from headquarters.
* Mika Natsume (夏目 実加, Natsume Mika?, 2, 7-8, 13-14, 29, 42-43, 49): The daughter of Prof. Natsume, one of Daguba's victims, she was greatly depressed when her father's murder was being overlooked for the Grongi attacks, taking the findings her father had at their house. But after Yuusuke reasons with her, Mika decides to aid in the Grongi matter as Jean's assistant. However, she is unable to follow and decides to take up playing the flute her father gave her. But while attending the 12th Arikawa Group Flute Competition, a hostage situation by a disgrunted government working trumatizes Mika as Yuusuke tells her to not to run from her fear and continue. Three months later, Mika is attending a special college.
* Shoji Kanzaki (神崎 昭二, Kanzaki Shōji?, 25-26, 47, 49): Yuusuke's elementary school teacher, he served as an inspiration to Yuusuke, and the two of them visit on certain occasions.
* Junichi Chono (蝶野 潤一, Chōno Jun'ichi?, 13-14, 29-30): A young troubled man, he saw the Grongi as a salvation until he was saved by Kuuga. He later researched trying to make a living until he was knocked out by Gamego while on his way to a job interview.
Main article: Grongi
The Grongi Tribe (グロンギ族, Gurongi Zoku?) is a mysterious ancient civilization that can transform into monsters to kill people for their ruthless game, referred to in their language as the "Gegeru".
The title of each episode was written with only two Kanji.
1. Revival (復活, Fukkatsu?)
2. Transformation (変身, Henshin?)
3. Tokyo (東京, Tōkyō?)
4. Dash (疾走, Shissō?)
5. Distance (距離, Kyori?)
6. Azure Dragon (青龍, Seiryū?)
7. Grief (傷心, Shōshin?)
8. Archer (射手, Shashu?)
9. Siblings (兄妹, Kyōdai?)
10. Fierceness (熾烈, Shiretsu?)
11. Promise (約束, Yakusoku?)
12. Teacher (恩師, Onshi?)
13. Suspicion (不審, Fushin?)
14. Omen (前兆, Zenchō?)
15. Armor (装甲, Sōkō?)
16. Creed (信条, Shinjō?)
17. Preparation (臨戦, Rinsen?)
18. Loss (喪失, Sōshitsu?)
19. Artifact (霊石, Reiseki?)
20. Smile (笑顔, Egao?)
21. Secrets (暗躍, An'yaku?)
22. Game (遊戯, Yūgi?)
23. Uneasiness (不安, Fuan?)
24. Strengthening (強化, Kyōka?)
25. Wandering (彷徨, Hōkō?)
26. Myself (自分, Jibun?)
27. Ripple (波紋, Hamon?)
28. Clarification (解明, Kaimei?)
29. Crossroads (岐路, Kiro?)
30. Fate (運命, Unmei?)
31. Retaliation (応戦, Ōsen?)
32. Obstacle (障害, Shōgai?)
33. Cooperation (連携, Renkei?)
34. Tremble (戦慄, Senritsu?)
35. Emotion (愛憎, Aizō?)
36. Complication (錯綜, Sakusō?)
37. Approach (接近, Sekkin?)
38. Transition (変転, Henten?)
39. Fiend (強魔, Gōma?)
40. Impulse (衝動, Shōdō?)
41. Control (抑制, Yokusei?)
42. Battlefield (戦場, Senjō?)
43. Reality (現実, Genjitsu?)
44. Crisis (危機, Kiki?)
45. Archenemy (強敵, Kyōteki?)
46. Indomitable (不屈, Fukutsu?)
47. Decision (決意, Ketsui?)
48. Kuuga (空我, Kūga?)
49. Yuusuke (雄介, Yūsuke?)
* Special Chapter (特別篇, Tokubetsu Hen?, Compiled from the first two episodes with extra footage)
* (SP) First Dream Of The New Year (初夢, Hatsuyume?)
* (EX) Tiredness (乙彼(お疲れ), Otsukare?)
* (Comic) Trust (信頼, Shinrai?)